expireover vs. control.cancel (memory, innd non-responding, forcing expiration)

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Fri Jul 5 06:25:16 UTC 2002

In article <E17QHoC-0008Bm-00 at batzmaru.gol.ad.jp>,
	Christian Balzer <chibi at gol.com> wrote;

} and especially a warm "Hajimemashite" to Kondou-san over in Kansai who
} probably will be able to help with this. ^_-

:)

} However, now comes my big question. How do I force an expire of the old ones
} in the other storage classes? Especially since my non-binary spool is rather
} big and it will probably take weeks of morning expireover/innd seizures until
} they vanish naturally.
}
} I tried all obvious things, expire -N with an expire.ctl that gave
} control.cancel 1 day to live, but nothing produced the desired results.

Have you tried '-N' for expireover?  That should create
a file which is used by fastrm.  And fastrm will vanishe
those articles.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou