expireover vs. control.cancel (memory, innd non-responding, forcing expiration)

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Fri Jul 5 10:31:13 UTC 2002

Hello,

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

>} However, now comes my big question. How do I force an expire of the old ones
>} in the other storage classes? Especially since my non-binary spool is rather
>} big and it will probably take weeks of morning expireover/innd seizures until
>} they vanish naturally.
>}
>} I tried all obvious things, expire -N with an expire.ctl that gave
>} control.cancel 1 day to live, but nothing produced the desired results.
>
>Have you tried '-N' for expireover?  That should create
>a file which is used by fastrm.  And fastrm will vanishe
>those articles.

That did the trick, expireover is still running, but it produced
a file with 2.6 million lines when hitting control.cancel, so I'm
sure fastrm will have a good time later. ^_^

Arigatou gozaimasu,

C. Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi at gol.com   	Exodus Communications K.K.