problem with expiring and emmergency at spool...

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 10 00:57:52 UTC 2002

ali mutlu aydin <alimutluaydin at hotmail.com> writes:

> i had send message that is at below. but i have not receive any suggestion
> message yet.
> My server storage capacity is going to get full.

How much storage do you have and how long are you trying to keep articles
for?  And how many hierarchies/groups are you carrying?

> i run "news.daily delayrm expireover lowmark" daily and  expiring log is
> arised at expire.log file.

That should be expiring things just fine.

> according to log records, expireover has processed less article lines
> than expire has processed...expireover has processed about 250000 and
> expire has processed about 500 000...  there is big discrepancy.. is
> there any problem?

No.  expire processes the entire history file, which includes stub entries
for articles that your server has seen and rejected, or for articles that
have already expired but have not passed your history retention period.