news.notice processing

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Mar 2 16:12:24 UTC 2002

I'm trying to figure out the intent of some of the innreport processing of
some of the innfeed stuff.  In particular, lines like "innfeed....connect
: No route to host" and "can't resolve hostname" get effectively ignored
in the news.daily reports.  I'd expect to get a summary of such errors,
actually, since they're potentially non-transient and should be
investigated.

Thoughts on this?

(We introduced a new innfeed error message, Address family not supported,
in the IPv6 patch, and although it seems like it ought to be added here,
it potentially means that the admin never finds out that there's a
problem.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org