Errors in nnrpd/post.c

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 4 01:52:44 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> The first is a printf with an inadequate format string -- it's the last
> occurrence of "trackposts" in the file (the line numbers are changing
> rapidly).  I think maybe it should look just like the sprintf four lines
> above it, to make use of all of the arguments?

Nope, the last argument should just be dropped.  The intention is to go
back and create the directory if opening the file failed, and the
directory doesn't depend on the message ID.

> The second is the variable "result", which only occurs once in the file.
> My guess is that it's supposed to say "result = fclose(...)" in the line
> immediately above that use, but I don't understand why the fclose isn't
> just inside the "if" if that's the case.

Yeah, I think that result goes with fclose, and neither do I.  It looks
safe to just put fclose into that if statement.