inn 2.4.x download ... from where ..

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Fri Mar 8 23:56:59 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:24:28AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:
>
> > Please post latest TODO below so we can look forward to see what needs
> > to be tested.
>
> Scheduled for INN 2.4:
>
> * Reimplement the inn.conf parser using the new generic configuration
>   parsing code and supply a script that can reformat existing inn.conf
>   files to still be valid when upgrading from older versions of INN
>   (mostly adding quotes around parameter values containing whitespace).
>   [Russ is working on this.]
>
> * There are some outstanding issues with the IPv6 that should be examined,
>   see doc/IPv6-info.  Whatever is not fixed should be documented.
>
> * Replace the current innshellvars.pl file with a real INN Perl module for
>   Perl programs, and include the necessary glue so that other Perl modules
>   can be added to INN's build tree and installed with INN, allowing their
>   capabilities to be available to the portions of INN written in Perl.
>   [Russ plans on doing this.]
>
> * Fix as many of the protocol issues documented in doc/compliance-nntp as
>   possible.
>
> * Switch at least nnrpd over to using the new wildmat routines rather than
>   breaking apart strings on commas and matching each expression
>   separately.
>
> * The recovery tools currently need serious work in the area of recovering
>   overview for a single newsgroup using tradspool, analyzing a broken
>   overview file (rather than just deleting it and regenerating it) and
>   doing things like regenerating a .IDX from a .DAT for tradindexed, and
>   renumbering the active file if it gets out of sync with the article
>   numbers on disk.

Add another bug that just should up on the CURRENT branch.

I just did a restart and articles before the restart are not available,

but are afterwards.

I also note that my server did not halt properly.

Using BSD/OS 4.3 and ovdb.

--
Member - Liberal International	On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated.
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
Society MUST be saved! Extremists must dissolve.
Spammer:  21st Century Version of the Elctronic Neanderthal Man