Another newbie question, innfeed.....

Rob Morin rob at staff.ca.inter.net
Fri Mar 15 14:55:41 UTC 2002

I have been trying to setup innfeed to have my posts go out to the world not just sit on my server.

I have had a couple users here help me out, quite a bit and I thank them, especially Joe

Please keep in mind I am new at this news thing and this server was thrusted upon me in a manner that does no leave me
with much time to read around. I have to get this working ASAP, so any help is appreciated...
:)

Here is the problem I am having in a nut shell.....

I am running the INN 2.3.2 on FreeBSD 4.5

It is set up and running fine  for incoming articles. The problem is outgoing posts never go anywhere except the local server.
Not knowing how any of the outgoing stuff works, I read a few articles and posted some message here and got to this point...

Here is my newsfeeds file.............

# innfeed funnel master.
innfeed!:!*\
       :Tc,Wnm*,S100000:/usr/local/news/bin/startinnfeed -c /usr/local/news/etc/innfeed.conf -l /usr/local/news/log/innfeed.log
       telus/sherry.on.tac.net:*\
       :Tm:innfeed!

#innfeed!:!*\
#        :Tc,Wnm*,S100000:/usr/local/news/bin/startinnfeed -c /usr/local/news/etc/innfeed.conf -l /usr/local/news/log/innfeed.log
#        psi/peerfeed.news.psi.net:*\
#       :Tm:innfeed!

The reason I have psi commented out is that when I run both I get lock errors for some reason so I am using only one for now....

Here is my innfeed.conf....................

peer telus {
        ip-name:                sherry.on.tac.net
        max-connections:        10
}

peer psi {
        ip-name:                peerfeed.news.psi.net
        max-connections:        10
}

The other stuff in the file(innfeed.conf) is left at the default......

So I start up inn, and it starts fine and I can connect and read articles.
I then have a rather large file in  /usr/local/news/spool/outgoing named innfeed!