New tradindexed implementation now feature-complete

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 21 20:33:13 UTC 2002

In article <ylbsdlkpul.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

| The new tradindexed implementation is now feature-complete, although I've
| not yet tested expiration (just wrote it today and got it to compile).
|
| Now it's time to expand the recovery tools using the new infrastructure.
| The new implementation should also be a good bit more reliable in the
| presence of crashes, since it's more aggressive about syncing its memory
| data structures to disk.  The recovery stuff should be pretty
| straightforward now that this is all untangled and working.  :)
|
| I'll have to figure out a good way of testing expiration; it uses more
| infrastructure from the rest of INN so it's a bit trickier.

  Sure would be nice to be able to rebuild overview for a single
group... I can get the message-id list from another server, so what I
would like is a tool which accepts message-id on one end and updates the
overview to be sure that article is in all appropriate groups.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc