INN-CURRENT-20020322 bugs on BSD/OS 4.3

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 22 19:58:28 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, The Doctor wrote:

>> perm.c: In function `MatchHost':=0D
>> perm.c:1680: syntax error before `bits8'=0D

> Russ, what's the right way to get uint8_t?

The easy way is to just use unsigned char; the tricky way is to use
something like what autoconf is currently doing for uint32_t.  The easy
way is probably fine; I doubt that anyone will port INN to a platform that
has non-eight-bit chars any time soon.  (These days, such systems are
mostly limited to embedded systems; compilers have to care about them, but
little else does.)