Setup readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Mar 27 07:11:17 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Bent Nielsen wrote:

> How can I make the readers.conf so that it is impossible to connect to the
> server without use of user name and password? I got it working with our
> users, but if I connect without a user name and password I get connected,
> but can't see any groups, I think it would be better if the connect was
> rejected.

You can't; it doesn't make any sense.  The authentication happens after
the connect, and you don't have any way to tell if the user intends on
authenticating or not.

What you're asking is the equivalent of "if someone knocks on the door of
my office, I only want to let them in if they shake my hand" (you see, you
can't tell if a handshake is coming until after you open the door...all
you can do is open it, and if they don't shake hands soon, kick them out
again).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org