Setup readers.conf

Bent Nielsen bent-nielsen at jyde.dk
Wed Mar 27 10:25:29 UTC 2002

I don't understand this, because my news account do require a login and if
I try without my username and password I get the following message:
"Error reported by Server: 480 Authentication required for command." and as
far as I know they are using INN.

In my current readers.conf I uses ckpasswd to verify the login and I
through it was possible to make the verification in way that would
disconnect a login which does not make use of an username and password.

Why can't I write the readers.conf so that INN gives the 480 error as shown
above?

On my newsserver I get this message if username or password are incorrect:
"Error reported by Server: 502 Authentication error."

Thanks
Bent