Setup readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Mar 28 06:13:31 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Bent Nielsen wrote:

> I don't understand this, because my news account do require a login and if
> I try without my username and password I get the following message:
> "Error reported by Server: 480 Authentication required for command." and as
> far as I know they are using INN.

Yes, of course you can do that.  (That's different than disconnecting
them, though.)

> In my current readers.conf I uses ckpasswd to verify the login and I
> through it was possible to make the verification in way that would
> disconnect a login which does not make use of an username and password.

Well, you can make it so that all commands return 480 until after they
authenticate, and all failed authentications return 502 and disconnect.
Is that what you want?  But you can't get it to do that?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org