patches to fix bindaddress (for IPv6) in innfeed

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Mar 28 17:58:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Matus \fantomas\ Uhlar wrote:

> -> Ok, here's an attempt to add meager documentation for bindaddress6 to the
>
> does this work with DNS names?

Hmm, actually, it might.  IPv4 bindaddress doesn't (it never has, see the
manpage).  IPv6 bindaddress6 uses getaddrinfo() which at a glance looks
like it does name resolutions.

> What if DNS record points to ipv4 and ipv6 address too?

No idea.

Is this important functionality?  Using DNS seems antithetical to wanting
to bind to a specific IP, no?  (Hmm, ok, I guess I see it.  Interesting
thought.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org