Setup readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Mar 29 02:06:28 UTC 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Bent Nielsen wrote:

> I found and have read this thread, but it does not work.

Did you see my latest suggestion to put quotes around "<FAIL>"?  (I'm
really at a loss, it looks like that should work.)

> Just to understand how the readers.conf works. Will this fail-statement
> allow users to access the server, but when retrieving the list of groups it
> will retrieve zero groups or will it not allow access?

It will allow access but show no groups.  However, that only happens
*before* the authentication (and thus is what you want).  Once somebody
tries to authenticate and gives a bad username, the connection is closed
immediately.

> auth all {
>          hosts: *
>          auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/news/db/newspass"
>          default: <FAIL>
> }

Note that you need an access group for the other users in here as well.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org