patches to fix bindaddress (for IPv6) in innfeed

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 29 11:07:05 UTC 2002

-> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Matus \fantomas\ Uhlar wrote:
-> > -> Ok, here's an attempt to add meager documentation for bindaddress6 to the
-> >
-> > does this work with DNS names?
->
-> Hmm, actually, it might.  IPv4 bindaddress doesn't (it never has, see the
-> manpage).  IPv6 bindaddress6 uses getaddrinfo() which at a glance looks
-> like it does name resolutions.
->
->
-> > What if DNS record points to ipv4 and ipv6 address too?
->
-> No idea.
->
-> Is this important functionality?  Using DNS seems antithetical to wanting
-> to bind to a specific IP, no?  (Hmm, ok, I guess I see it.  Interesting
-> thought.)

Seems I should change my question. DNS is probably wrong. But it could
probably be about /etc/hosts and ipv4 vs ipv6 addresses.

(dunno if a good eaxample: solaris ifconfig takes hostname as an argument,
if it is in /etc/hosts - makes configuretion more nice imho)
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.