A check that would be desirable for expireover, etc.

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun Mar 31 15:44:43 UTC 2002

>Would a setgid-news flag on makehistory take care of it?  Please note
>i've only put a modicum of thought into this idea...

It might, but it is more than I really had in mind... I was thinking more
just a check that expireover is running as user news:news, and if not,
simply immediately quiting with an informative message, thereby allowing
the news administrator to take appropriate corrective active (e.g., manually
su to news, logout and backin as news, whatever), and then rerun.

Regards,

Joe