new "access" parameter in readers.conf

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Wed May 8 22:08:45 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 06:02:13PM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002, Ben Rosengart wrote:
>
> > I think our moderators can be trusted, so #2 is not so important,
>
> Well, if we had that, you could simply give everyone A access to the
> self-moderated groups.

True -- they are related questions.

> > but #1 is something I have to resolve before I can put INN 2.3.3
> > into production on reader machines.
>
> Why?  The current functionality is a strict superset of what we had
> before.  For the time being you can give everyone A access and get exactly
> the behavior you currently have, right?

Um.  Right.  I knew that, but I forgot it for long enough to write
the above.

It seems that every site that wants to support self-moderated groups
is going to have to use that strategy.

> What behavior do you envision for this situation?

I don't understand your question.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod