Adding support for PostgreSQL as a storage format

James_Russell at scee.net James_Russell at scee.net
Tue May 21 16:50:50 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I am planning to add PostgreSQL support as a storage format for articles.
While this may seem inappropriate for a news server with a full public
feed, the reason I'm doing this is that it's actually for an internal
usenet server, which has fairly low traffic and content. Database support
will allow us to integrate this with a web interface more easily.

A brief look at the lists archives didn't suggest anyone was already
working on this type of functionality. Does anyone know if anyone's doing
something similar? I'd rather help them out than start from scratch. :)

Many thanks,

James

postmaster at scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.