Limit Group Size?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 23 20:28:08 UTC 2002

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0205100540450.31413-100000 at marduk.litech.org>,
Jeffrey M. Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> wrote:

| On Fri, 10 May 2002, B Ng wrote:
|
| > 	Could I know if there's any method to limit the size of a
| > particular group?
|
| The total space it uses, you mean?
|
| You could put that group in a separate CNFS buffer.  Obviously this would
| only be practical for a few groups.

Yes. But it would be nice to have expire remove the posts even if the
filespace were not reclaimed. In high volume groups it confuses readers
to see thousands of posts, or posts of great age, so it would be nice to
have a working general mechanish to handle this.

Space is not the only issue here, although it's the only expiry which
really works intuitively in current INN.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc