INN 2.x slow accesptance of articles

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 23 20:41:02 UTC 2002

In article <200205162258.g4GMwSk27591 at mail.mansukhani.net>,
Day Dreamer <jeff at mansukhani.net> wrote:

| I'm using INN 2.x w/ nntpsend, ovchannel, and CNFS w/ two news feeds.
| It seem that each feed cannot go over 1-2Mbps each for some reason even
| though there is no packet loss or congestion that we are aware of at
| each end of in between.  So, I was wondering if there is any other
| methods that I can use to speed up the acceptance rate?  The remote
| server is experiencing back log to my system but not to others.  Does
| INN govern the BW per feed?  If so, how can I increase that?  Any
| performance tips would be more than welcome.

I haven't looked a STABLE in a while, there were problems there. I built
a new server with CURRENT and it will accept 400+ art/sec for minutes on
end, and about 7MB/sec of data. To some extent that's limited by the
bandwidth of the NIC.

What version are you running, hardware, o/s, etc?
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc