Installing Inn on a Linux system

Lisa Ungar lungar at us.ibm.com
Thu May 23 21:11:00 UTC 2002

Hello,

I tried running the make command and got the following message:

gcc   -o innd art.o cc.o chan.o his.o icd.o innd.o lc.o nc.o newsfeeds.o
              ng.o perl.o proc.o python.o rc.o site.o status.o tcl.o
              timer.o wip.o ../storage/libstorage.a ../lib/libinn.a
              ../lib/perl.o -rdynamic  -L/usr/local/lib
              /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/s390-linux/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
              -L/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/s390-linux/CORE -lperl -lnsl -ldl -lm
              -lc  -lelf -lresolv -lcrypt /usr/s390-suse-linux/bin/ld:
              cannot find -lelf

Does anyone know what the above means?  Is there a document or a web page
online where I can find out about common problems with installing inn on a
linux system?  Is there something missing on the linux system right now  or
can I just remove the -elf from the Makefile.global  file and run make.

Thanks for your help,

Lisa