Installing Inn on a Linux system

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri May 24 18:38:58 UTC 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Lisa Ungar wrote:

>               cannot find -lelf
>
> Does anyone know what the above means?

It means that configure detected libraries that ld can't find, somehow.
(Is there anything about -lelf in config.log?)

> Is there a document or a web page online where I can find out about
> common problems with installing inn on a linux system?

This is most certainly not a common problem :-)

There is something wrong with your system, because configure detected the
presence of a library but now you can't link against it.

However, removing the reference to -lelf may suffice to let you compile.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org