INND server Crashed... trying to fix.

McPheeters, Scott SMcPheeters at MerchantWired.com
Thu May 30 18:28:37 UTC 2002

I lost my data drive set, and my active file got messed up, so I got a new
active file, rebuild my history database (makedbz -i)because I am starting
from scratch with messages.

Now when I run innd I get the error message in my news.crit file:

May 30 10:49:12 mwnews innd: SERVER cant dbzinit /var/lib/news/history
Numerical argument out of domain
May 30 11:01:01 mwnews rnews: cant open_remote No such file or directory
May 30 12:01:00 mwnews rnews: cant open_remote No such file or directory
May 30 13:01:01 mwnews rnews: cant open_remote No such file or directory

I am running:

RedHat 7.2 (kernel  2.4.9-31)
Innd 2.3.2

Thank you.