lost spool

Matus fantomas Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Sep 13 14:15:23 UTC 2002

-> > as long as I just lost my spool (disk crash) I got an idea, if it is
-> > possible to recovery the spool in that way - get articles and store them
-> > with the same numbers in newsgroups. Thoughts?
->
-> How do you mean?  Do you still have the articles -- if so you can rebuild
-> everything with makehistory.  Otherwise, if you have only one feed,
-> there's some chance you might do it, but multiple feeds it's surely
-> impossible.

No, articles is the only thing I've lost. However, i think it is
technically possible to ask peers for re-feeding spool (or at least articles
they use to send to me) and my innd would check for existing location and
update it - read the overview instead of write, and probably updating it.

However, that is just a speculation...
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Atheism is a non-prophet organization.