Solved: -lsasl problems

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Sep 17 10:10:23 UTC 2002

-> > libsasl-1.5.27 provider libsasl1 which is found by configure time (at
-> > compile time it produces this error) while libsasl-2.1.2 is not found at
-> > configure time:
->
-> > checking for sasl_getprop in -lsasl... no
-> > configure: error: Can not find SASL
->
-> > configure:6127: gcc -o conftest -O2  -s conftest.c -lsasl   -L/usr/lib 1>&5
-> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsasl
-> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
->
-> > Which version of libsasl does inn work with?
->
-> I honestly have no idea.  Did this come in with the imapfeed patches?

I dunno. I downloaded inn-CURRENT-20020906.tar.gz and it already had this
problem. cvsupped a while ago and it is still here.

as I looked on configure, seems it searches for -lsasl, and if it founds
one, it incorrectly adds '-lsasl2' to LIBS variable.

changing all to -lsasl did help. (configure & make)
changing all to -lsasl2 did help. (configure & make)

maybe configure should check for both -lsasl and -lsasl2 which is available.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 (R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer