Solved: -lsasl problems

Matus fantomas Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Sep 17 13:54:38 UTC 2002

-> -> > libsasl-1.5.27 provider libsasl1 which is found by configure time (at
-> -> > compile time it produces this error) while libsasl-2.1.2 is not found at
-> -> > configure time:
-> ->
-> -> > checking for sasl_getprop in -lsasl... no
-> -> > configure: error: Can not find SASL
-> ->
-> -> > configure:6127: gcc -o conftest -O2  -s conftest.c -lsasl   -L/usr/lib 1>&5
-> -> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsasl
-> -> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
-> ->
-> -> > Which version of libsasl does inn work with?
-> ->
-> -> I honestly have no idea.  Did this come in with the imapfeed patches?
->
-> I dunno. I downloaded inn-CURRENT-20020906.tar.gz and it already had this
-> problem. cvsupped a while ago and it is still here.
->
-> as I looked on configure, seems it searches for -lsasl, and if it founds
-> one, it incorrectly adds '-lsasl2' to LIBS variable.
->
-> changing all to -lsasl did help. (configure & make)

Ah no... it includes <sasl/sasl.h> and sasl1 doesn't have that on my
debian3.0/woody.

maybe sources should not include any directories in include, exact dir
should be given in -I argument.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released