Try again

Rick Reed rreed at budgetext.com
Thu Sep 26 15:52:50 UTC 2002

So I reloaded my RHL 7.2 box sans NEWS server, installed latest INN.  Followed the INSTALL up to the point where it says

usecontrolchan
        If set to true, all control messages except for cancels will be
        ignored by innd so that they can be processed by an external program
        (controlchan).  This is *highly* recommended, since controlchan will
        serialize control message processing and prevent your system load
        from exploding when you get a flood of control messages.  The only
        reason why it isn't enabled by default is that it requires you to
        set up a special feed in newsfeeds (see below) and requires you to
        run:

            # cd /usr/include
            # h2ph * sys/*

So I did this as news and it thought for a moment then came back with:

Cannot open /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/_h2ph_pre.ph:  Permission
denied at /usr/bin/h2ph line 514.

Should I do this as root or not at all?  Some of the directions in INSTALL are a little vague to me.

Don't shoot the messenger,
Rick Reed
rreed at budgetext.com