Try again

magical truthsaying bastard roney! rone at ennui.org
Thu Sep 26 16:35:57 UTC 2002

Rick Reed writes:
  usecontrolchan
          If set to true, all control messages except for cancels will be
          ignored by innd so that they can be processed by an external program
          (controlchan).  This is *highly* recommended, since controlchan will
          serialize control message processing and prevent your system load
          from exploding when you get a flood of control messages.  The only
          reason why it isn't enabled by default is that it requires you to
          set up a special feed in newsfeeds (see below) and requires you to
          run:

              # cd /usr/include
              # h2ph * sys/*

  So I did this as news and it thought for a moment then came back with:

  Cannot open /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/_h2ph_pre.ph:
  Permission denied at /usr/bin/h2ph line 514.

  Should I do this as root or not at all?  Some of the directions in
  INSTALL are a little vague to me.

You should do this part as root.  The # prompt is a hint that it
should be done as root, as that is the traditional root prompt.

rone
--
{Reagan's} presidency always reminded me of a remark made by a woman to
Heywood Broun following Secretariat's victory in the Triple Crown.  After the