no permission to talk

Pavel V. Knyazev pasha at surnet.ru
Mon Aug 4 15:18:43 UTC 2003

I think Dave was right.

He made make install instead of make update (did he say that?).
In this case he can find his previous files with the .OLD suffix in the
same directory, otherwise the same names in another directory.

The default path name for configuration files is /usr/local/news/etc.

> Actually he is connecting from
>
>    marcos.dr.ufu.br

That's right. And he doesn't find anything but localhost
section in his brand new readers.conf. I think so.

--
Pavel V. Knyazev