Recovery Help ...

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:51:53 UTC 2003

Divya Sundaram <divya at avnika.com> writes:

> In the meantime, I would like to focus on the following question: what's
> the best way to back up the CNFS buffers? This is a very important
> question for our Intranet newsgroups that sit in dedicated 2GB CNFS
> Spools.

I really don't recommend using CNFS for something that you want to back
up.  Is there something about those groups that makes tradspool a bad
choice?  tradspool is considerably easier to back up since the articles
are just files in a directory structure and pretty much all the
metainformation that you need can be recovered from the directory
hierarchy.