2re: perl filter disable...

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:53:06 UTC 2003

Rogerio M S Novo <rogerio at dr.ufu.br> writes:

> I checked and the sintaxe of the script is ok.
> Maybe the problem isn't in the inn.
> I don't know..... Somebody have a ideia.....

The only thing that causes nnrpd to enable and then immediately disable
filtering like this that I've seen is if, when it loads your Perl filter,
it gets syntax errors.  Normally it reports those errors to stderr (which
generally shows up in the news.err log).

I suppose the other alternative is that you've disabled Perl filtering
somewhere, but I'm surprised that it got enabled and then immediately
disabled.