Removing article from several newsgroups

Daniel Marsh jaleco at westlink.net.au
Fri Dec 12 14:31:47 UTC 2003

In the creation of a e-mail->news->e-mail "gateway" spam became a huge
problem and articles were often cross posted. Sending a message with
the header Control: cancel <message-id> would remove the post from all
newsgroups it was cross posted to as it cancels that message-id.

Only problem is, a *quicker* way to do this would be nice... I guess
I'll have to hack the GNUS source so that you can cancel articles that
aren't yours.

Daniel