[INN 2.4.0] Problem reload config in throttle or paused mode

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 29 05:02:52 UTC 2003

Frank Kloeker <inn-ml at noc.arcor-online.net> writes:

> after update from 2.3.3 to 2.4.0 the following command lines doesn't
> work anymore:

> $ ctlinnd pause server
> [doing somethings like move logs, drink coffee or others]
> $ ctlinnd reload all konfigs
> $ ctlinnd go server

What are you actually doing inbetween there?  I do this regularly with INN
2.4.0 and haven't had any trouble, although I don't normally reload things
while paused.

Anyway, looking at the code, it looks like reloading will reopen the
history file even though the history file shouldn't be open during a pause
or throttle, which may be causing some problems.  I'll fix this in CVS and
it will be in INN 2.4.1.  A workaround is to only reload those things you
actually changed.