syslog to localhost with controlchan

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Tue Dec 30 04:45:44 UTC 2003

Gradually, I'm getting restarted with latest cvs tree on Panther,
and noticed controlchan is keeping up and down after innd starts.
I found the reason, and the hostname of the box is not registered
in hosts nor dns.  In the case, controlchan stops with;

Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4 at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Socket.pm line 373.

This can be fixed by adding "$Sys::Syslog::host = 'localhost';"
into controlchan.  Any comments?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou