Problem with history - cant fgets after article

Thomas Hühn inn at daphne.gnuu.de
Tue Dec 30 09:16:55 UTC 2003

Hi

I have an INN-2.4.0 and get my news as bzip2-compressed batches via UUCP
over TCP.

I use cnfs for most (it's just a small leafsite, no binaries or many
articles) and have prepared an entry in storage.conf with tradspool for
a small hierarchy I plan to get in the future (but am not getting it at
the moment).

When rnews (or rnews -U) runs I get those entries in news.notice:

| Dec 28 23:49:41 daphne rnews: cant fgets after article: Illegal seek
| Dec 28 23:49:41 daphne rnews: cant unspool saving to
| /self/inn/spool/incoming/bad/uucp.gnuuA5DXlq

I haven't found much about that "cant fgets after article" in Google
Groups and don't know what's wrong.

I've tried to rebuild history and overview with makehistory and
makedbz. It worked for a short period of time, but after rebooting the
computer (a clean shutdown, I think) I got the same problems.

In the meantime I get even more errors:

| Dec 28 23:41:48 daphne rnews: offered
| <200312282208.hBSM8Nn8004028 at jupiter.gwalter.demon.co.uk> uucp.gnuu
| Dec 28 23:41:48 daphne innd: dbz not open for this history file
| /self/inn/db/history
| Dec 28 23:41:48 daphne innd: dbz not open for this history file
| /self/inn/db/history
| Dec 28 23:41:48 daphne innd: tradindexed: index inode mismatch for
| F7961EF57C01E9591BA1834459B07AC9

Do you have a clue what might have gong wrong?

TIA
Thomas