ovdb - stable?

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Mon Feb 3 09:33:33 UTC 2003

Marek Iwanejko <M.Iwanejko at elka.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Due to problem with handling full feed by my readerboxes I'm thinking
> about moving overview from buffindex to ovdb.
>
> How stable is ovdb now? I've seen some mails about ovdb problems but it
> was quite time ago. Does anybody use it on server with 4-10 mln stored
> articles?
>
> Which version of BerkeleyDB would you advise?
>
> My readerboxes are running INN 2.3.4 on solaris (sparc platform)

I haven't tried it recently, but in the past its always hung in one of
the Berkeley DB mutex functions after /some/ uptime (at least on SMP
Solaris - thats all I've ever tried on). AFAIK no ones ever really
gotten to the bottom of the problem.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc