INN 2.3.4 mail2news bidirectional gateway ??

Rajeev Lamba Rajeev.Lamba at sun.com
Tue Feb 4 19:05:52 UTC 2003

Hi,

We're trying to setup INN 2.3.4 bidirectional mail-2-news
gateway with news2mail & mailpost scripts that comes as
default with the INN source.

aliases:

my.test: "|/var/spool/news/bin/mailpost  my.test"

newsfeeds:

#Gateway channel Setup
n2m!:!*:Tc,Ac,Wn*:/var/spool/news/bin/news2mail
newstest at xyz.com:my.test:Tm:n2m!

news2mail.cf

newstest at xyz.com  newstest at xyz.com

When potsting articles via News reader (News to mail)
from the server itself mailpost fails with an error.

inews failed: Can't send article to the server: 	441 435 Duplicate
(Article not posted.)

Seems mailpost is unable to detect message from local
news server from mail header and tries to post it back
via inews.

alias newstest at xyz.com has

250 2.1.5 <my.test at NEWSSREVER>

as one of members for mail to news posting.

Mail to news channel is working fine and mailpost rejects
duplicate articles (Msg ID) recorded in

host% ls -l /var/spool/news/tmp
total 2
-rw-r--r--   1 daemon   other          0 Feb  3 12:14 mailpost-msgid.dir
-rw-r--r--   1 daemon   other       1024 Feb  4 10:38 mailpost-msgid.pag

Therefore

any messages sent directly to

my.test at NEWSSEREVR - Donesn't loop (single posting)

Any one aware of any workarounds / fix for this issue using
mailpost/news2mail setup.

or

we need to look in to other scripts for gateway setup.

Will appreciate your help.

thanks,
Rajeev