INN 2.3.4 mail2news bidirectional gateway ??

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 02:48:50 UTC 2003

Rajeev Lamba <Rajeev.Lamba at sun.com> writes:

> We're trying to setup INN 2.3.4 bidirectional mail-2-news gateway with
> news2mail & mailpost scripts that comes as default with the INN source.

[...]

> Seems mailpost is unable to detect message from local news server from
> mail header and tries to post it back via inews.

Right.  The -b flag to mailpost will keep it from posting messages that
it's already posted, but to handle messages posted directly to the news
server, you need to find some way of telling mailpost not to attempt to
post those messages again.

I don't think there's any built-in functionality in mailpost right now to
handle this.