bug: Message-ID of moderated articles

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 02:00:54 UTC 2003

Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> writes:

> They should be checked for correctness before being accepted and mailed.
> One of the moderators using my service is receiving articles from user
> with a broken client using another INN server:

nnrpd normally lets innd check the message ID, which is why this happens.
Fixing this will mean pulling the message ID checking code out of
innd/art.c into lib and then calling it from nnrpd as well.  It's not
particularly hard, but I don't have the time to work on it right now, so
I'm adding it to TODO.

This bug has been around for forever.