Restore news posts?

Nicholas Webb nickw at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 18 17:35:17 UTC 2003

Yes, we are using CNFS with inn version 2.2.3.  It is quite odd, however,
since we lost all articles in one newsgroup that were older than January
22nd, all other articles remain.

Anyway, I did the mailpost thing with some of the messages and it works,
although it will take me forever if we decide to restore everything.  Is
there a way to override the 'NNTP-Posting-Date' and/or the 'Date' headers?
When I use mailpost it moves those headers to 'X-Header-Name', and that
makes the post chronologically out of order ;(.

Thanks!

--
Nick Webb