Overview Problem

Subhadra psr at cse.iitb.ac.in
Sat Jan 18 02:24:35 UTC 2003

 I am running innd-2.3.2. On another system, I am running inn-2.2.2.
 Sometimes the articles posted on system running with inn-2.2.2
 are not appearing on  the sytem running with  inn-2.3.2

 When I checked , it looks like the overview files are not updated.
 I checked the article directory. The article files are there.
 But the corresponding entries  don't appear in overview index file.

 The folowing appears in article header
                                    ^^^^
 The same index no is also generated for another article and the entry
 corresponding to that article appears in overview index file.

 What could be the  problem for duplicate index no. creation?

 On the system innd-2.3.2, the  inn.conf

 ovmethod:               tradindexed

 # Article Storage

 cnfscheckfudgesize:     0
 enableoverview:         true
 groupbaseexpiry:        true
 mergetogroups:          false
 overcachesize:          15
 ovgrouppat:
 storeonxref:            false
 useoverchan:            true
 wireformat:             false
 xrefslave:              false

 And Overchan is run.

 I did recreate the history and overview index files.
 It did not help.

 What could be the problem? Please suggest how this
 problem can be solved.

 thanks
 P Subhadra Ramachandran