Disable Logging

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Nov 13 11:56:50 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Robert Meyer wrote:

> thanks for your help. My Problem is currently, that
> $pathlog/news is growing extremely.

I suspect you have not configured "news.daily" to be run out of cron --
there should never be entires more than one day old in $pathlog/news.

Examine INSTALL again for the crontab step.

($pathlog/news should be reset every night by the script, which will also
do other important maintenance tasks.)

> if $pathlog/news is required for innd? If not,
> I could create a link from /dev/null to $pathlog/news.

It's probably not required -- except for generating the daily reports --
but I don't know if it will work because of the way log rotation is
implemented.  This is not recommended.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org