Newbie questions on newsgroup install and setup.

g.lams at itcilo.it g.lams at itcilo.it
Thu Nov 13 16:48:49 UTC 2003

Hi
I think that if you just want local groups, you only need to have the
following rows in incoming.conf:
peer ME {
  hostname:         "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
}

see link below:
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#S6.1

>> However, I could have not able to to see the newsgroup list that I
created on my server

I'm not sure what you mean:. If it's a new server and you didn't change
the active file, only the newsgroups you've created exist (have a look at
db/active)

Gael

Hello All,

I am a newbie here and please just easy on me. I am trying to setup a
newsgroup for local users to use: ie: post and read, but does not have to
pull any news from another group. However, I could have not able to to see
the newsgroup list that I created on my server. Any help where to start or
what files do I need to changes or post out please let me know.

Here is my server info:

Redhat 7.2 kernel: 2.4.7-10

Innd came with redhat: version inn-2.3.2-5

Any help I can get appreciated.

Thanks,

C-