Newbie questions on newsgroup install and setup.

Courier courier at telica.com
Thu Nov 13 16:59:17 UTC 2003

Hello Gael,

Thank you for your responded. Yes I did googling and foung the link that
you send to me. Here is my

incoming.conf:

streaming:              true   # streaming allowed by default
max-connections:        8      # per feed

peer ME {
  hostname:         "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
}

Here is what I did to creat newgroup called: foo

ctlinnd newgroup foo

The access news from outlook express, but it is empty.

Also, under Redhat linux news account path is: /var/spool/news and in it has:

drwxr-xr-x    2 news     news         4096 Jul 24  2001 archive
drwxr-xr-x    2 news     news         4096 Jul 24  2001 articles
drwxr-xr-x    2 news     news         4096 Nov 12 12:44 db
drwxr-xr-x    3 news     news         4096 Mar 28  2002 incoming
drwxr-xr-x    2 news     news         4096 Jul 24  2001 innfeed
drwxr-xr-x    2 news     news         4096 Jul 24  2001 outgoing
drwxr-xr-x    3 news     news         4096 Nov 13 11:15 overview

db dir is creating manualy and under neat I have hisrtory file, but no
active.

Can you help on the active file?

Thank you for your time.

C-