file feed

Guich listas at superwaba.com.br
Sun Nov 23 14:14:26 UTC 2003

Hi!

> Do your messages have an Xref header that is correct?  (The number must
> match the filename.)

Even if the files are not in order? I mean, files 1 2 3 5 7 10 exists, but
the others don't. Will there be any problem with this?

> If they do, you can use makehistory to tell INN how to find those
> messages.  For readers to be able to access them, you'll want to build
> overview also (use the -O flag to makehistory).

Yes, this worked. But it still has a problem
I had:

1. stopped INN.
2. deleted db/history.* and db/history
3. ran: "makehistory -O -b"

Now my newsgroup can find all messages, BUT it keep saying that i have more
messages to download than i actually have.

I already checked the "active" file, and it says that the ng has only 4
messages, but my outlook express says that i have 11 messages to download
(every time i redo this process, it adds 4 messages to this count).

Anything that i'm missing? I'm using tradmethod and tradindex.

many thanks

      guich