inn2 - cant store article: File exists / rebuild databases

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:21:12 UTC 2003

Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de> writes:

> after a blackout of my privat linux box inn2 shows the following entries
> in its log, if posting a message:

>    innd: SERVER cant store article: File exists

Note that if you're running INN 2.4 with tradindexed overview and
tradspool storage (you almost certainly have tradspool storage if you're
getting this message), check your logs to see what groups are having this
problem and then run tdx-util -R for those groups (see the tdx-util man
page) followed by a ctlinnd renumber.  That will rebuild the overview
selectively for those groups and keep you from having to do a complete
rebuild.

A complete rebuild will of course also solve the problem.