maxconnections

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Sep 25 14:09:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Pavel V. Knyazev wrote:

> > Why not just use the Perl or Python hooks?
>
> Just because of presence of ability to set maxconn
> for incoming peers and absence to do this with readers.

Well, it's an architectural difference -- INN handles all of the peers
itself, whereas there's an nnrpd process for each reader.  So it's more
complicated to do right, and I'd probably implement it with one of the
hook mechanisms anyway.

So of course, it could be in a future version of INN...if someone submits
a patch :-)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org