filter attachments

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 19:17:18 UTC 2004

Hi All,

New to this newsgroup business but I know a bit about
e-mail filtering.

I need to develop an attachment filter that can scan
newsgroup attachments for viruses and band file types
(such as exe,pif etc) on-the-fly as they pass through
a newsgroup server.

I've had read the Perl hooks documentation and it
looks as though it does half the job.

Can I use filter_innd.pl to scan attachments?

Do attachments appear encoded within $hdr{__BODY__}?

Would it be better to use the moderator/filter script
method as described in innd FAQ
(http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#S6.10)?

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help on this,