filter attachments

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 5 19:57:03 UTC 2004

Chris Masters <rotis23 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Can I use filter_innd.pl to scan attachments?

Yes.

> Do attachments appear encoded within $hdr{__BODY__}?

Yes.

> Would it be better to use the moderator/filter script
> method as described in innd FAQ
> (http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#S6.10)?

It depends on the profile of filtering that you want.  innd filters get
all traffic going through the server, regardless of the group for which
it's intended or its origin point.  nnrpd filters only get locally posted
messages.  Marking groups moderated and filtering there only gets local
hierarchies.