understanding nnrp.access

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 9 18:54:33 UTC 2004

Praveen Ramaswamy <praveen1 at india.hp.com> writes:

> Can some one tell me what exactly the below line means in nnrp.access.

> fakir.india.hp.com:RP:sriram:.issafe.:*,test.internal,!test.csyleads

It means that someone connecting from the host fakir.india.hp.com can
authenticate with the username sriram and the password .issafe., after
which point they will be able to read all groups on the server except for
test.csyleads.

> Now I need to move these rules to readers.conf, but I can do this only
> after I understand what exactly above line means.

You'll need to set up a password file and then use ckpasswd (most likely)
in the auth rule in readers.conf to convert this over, since it involves
password authentication.  The ckpasswd man page has details on various
ways to go about doing that.